Thank you for your interest in the Medical Dosimetry Program at Suffolk University. We are excited to let you know that we are in the process of converting the program from a post-baccalaureate certificate to a Master's degree! This change will be effective with students enrolling in the fall of 2019. We anticipate that the application process will be up and running later this fall. Below are the general application requirements that will be in place. Please note that we do not require GRE scores for application to our program.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Prerequisite coursework with a grade of at least C or higher (successful applicants will have a B or higher in most courses)
- Major's Biology w/ lab
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II w/ lab
- Calculus I
- Physics I & II w/ lab
- Application form through our Graduate Admissions portal once it is made available
- Official transcripts for undergraduate coursework
- Contact information of two (2) professors or supervisors who can provide letters of recommendation (personal references are not acceptable)
- Shadow experience in Medical Dosimetry This should be at least 4 hours and consists of you observing a medical dosimetrist at work to assure your suitability for the career you are pursuing. If you need help setting up a shadow, please do so using the following link: https://suffolkradiationscience.submittable.com/submit/77734/shadow-request-for-future-medical-dosimetry-certificate-applicant
- Goal statement and essay: Please outline your reasons for applying to the program. Include a candid analysis of professional objectives, both long- and short-term, and indicate how the graduate program to which you are applying will help you achieve them. There is no minimum or maximum length for this statement; however, one to two pages is usually sufficient.
- Interview and math assessment: Selected applicants meeting our minimum requirements will be invited to interview with our admissions panel. A math assessment is also administered on the same day as the interviews.
Please provide your contact information below so you can be added to our email distribution list. We will be contacting all applicants once our website has been updated and the application made available. If you have any questions at all, you may enter them in the form below or you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you once again for your interest in our program and we appreciate your patience during this transition period.
Suffolk Medical Dosimetry Program